Wednesday, February 12, 2014

VALENTINE STRAWBERRIES

 Nothing says Valentines Day more then hearts and chocolate dipped strawberries....
 Not these exactly, because they are some of my faux food.....Mr. S. keeps eyeing them  even though he knows they are not real...
 I love these faux strawberries and cupcakes...Think I will make some Valentine strawberries...
 One of the reasons I love faux food is for their decorative value after the real thing is eaten...lets face it we all can't eat enough to keep these pretty plates looking full...these simple items I have used today just say Valentines Day.....so for everyday use, these  can be an easy and economical way for you to add just a touch of Happy for the month of February....and sometimes thats all you need to make your home say" Happy Easter", or "Your my Valentine" or even "Yay spring is here..".
Love  useing some of my pretty cake stands and pie plates and decorative dishes to present the food...I mean if you wait for a special occasion to bring out your wonderful silver or crystal...they don't get a chance to be on stage much....
 I sure have gotten a lot of use out of this ebay tea set...so many compliments...I think for Easter I will to incorporate a few eggs and bunnies....lol
Since this is a coffee and tea set, it reminds me of a special birthday gift a friend of mine received, it was a special tea that when you added the hot water it turned into a special flower right before your eyes....sooo pretty...I found this link..TEA you all are probably very familiar with this flowering tea, I will  have to give it a try...I think I will need a glass mug so I can see the total flowering, can't wait to try, I see they have a nice variety on Amazon too....
I think I purchased the plain strawberries from the GW for 2.99 for about 15....
Hobby Lobby has a few cupcakes and pretty little food things...
Couldn't you just stick your finger in the whip cream...
yummmm
Oh go ahead and have a berry, (just make sure you don't eat it)  lol
Thanks for stopping by for some Valentine smiles...I hope you are inspired to share some happy hearts to your blog...I love reading your comments and I love reading your blogs....
 
The Dedicated House ~ Make it Pretty Monday       
Between Naps On The Porch ~ Metamorphosis Monday
A Stroll Thru Life ~ Inspire Me Tuesday
Coastal Charm ~ Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Savvy Southern Style ~ Wow Us Wednesday
Ivy and Elephants ~ What's It Wednesday
No Minimalist Here ~ Open House Party Thursdays
Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson ~ Share Your Cup Thursday
Common Ground ~ Be Inspired Friday
The Thrifty Groove ~ Thrifty Things Friday
 
 

19 comments:

  1. MI QUERIDA AMIGA... Como siempre ESPLENDOR, BELLEZA, DIVERSIÓN y GRACIA en tu mesa y decoración; en este caso de SAN VALENTÍN.
    Mil gracias por embellecer nuestro día a día, y mil besos para ti. Por cierto espero que estes totalmente recuperada de tu dolencia :))))
    Conxita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking faux berries! I think it's fun to have great looking faux food around for vignettes! Very tempting indeed, and looks great with your silver tea set and delicate heart plates!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is so pretty! The food looks very real, at least in the photos. I especially like those little heart plates at the end -- very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! Strawberries and chocolate are perfect for Valentines Day. Lovely array of goodies here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snowing here...and wishing I had some chocolate dipped strawberries! Happy Valentine's Day, dear friend, XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Your strawberries and cupcake look so real! Faux food is wonderful in your tablescape. I love you pretty silver service for your Valentine's table . The heart plates are a great accent touch. Hope you will take a peek at my Valentine's red and white table for you might enjoy it!

    Have a grand 14th!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely little dessert table...the desserts do look real!
    Have a great weekend, Phyllis.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am 100% with you on using faux food for staging! I use it a LOT. Have to! There is no way we could possibly afford to create the lavish buffets I create for my site using real food all the time. I often do a mix of real and faux, depending on what is needed to finish the look. I search high and low for the best-looking faux foods I can possibly find. I could just kick myself for passing up a bunch of it a few years back when a friend had a moving sale for his business. He had wonderful stuff that would have really come in handy!

    Isn't if funny how even though we KNOW the food isn't real it still makes us hungry and we want to eat it? :-)

    Beautiful setting! I hope you and your husband enjoy a wonderful and loving Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those strawberries would fool me! They look absolutely delicious. I agree about the use of faux food. It works out great for a tablescape you intend to enjoy for a while. And there are less calories, too! What a lovely coffee set! I am sure your guest feel very special when you use it. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Phyl, the strawberries and cupcakes look so real. I sure wish I had a few of real strawberries right now. Beautiful tablescape, you always do such a terrific job on your tables.
    Wishing you and Mike a very happy Valentines Day.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. I could really eat one of those cupcakes right now. Love cupcakes. I have looked for some of those fake desserts, but they are so expensive. I may just have to dig deep into my husbands account and purchase some. LOL.
    Your setting is so pretty. Thanks for sharing. ana

    ReplyDelete
  12. They look so realistic! Yes, baking for blog posts is time consuming and very fattening! Your setting is beautiful, and yes, I see "our" napkins in your header!
    Thanks for the beautiful eye candy, always!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Phyllis! Happy Valentine's Day! Oh, how beautiful and it's hard to believe those are not real. They look so yummy! Thanks for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. They looks so real! Didn't even know they existed. Gorgeous, gorgeous display!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, I'd love to have those faux gorgeous sweet things around my house too and not have to eat them, lol! Beautiful setting too! Hope you had a lovely Valentine's. Loved it!
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it so much. Stunning look
    xoxo
    www.welovwfur.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very interesting blog. A lot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that attract others, but I'm most definitely interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't know how should I give you thanks! I am totally stunned by your article. You saved my time. Thanks a million for sharing this article.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment I truly appreciate what you have to say and always read every one.